Last modified: August 31, 2023
namChat: Hence forth will be connoted (we, our, us) as grammatically suitable. namChat is the platform distributed as OEM license to be used by Enterprise as mobile or web application for communication within their organization, with their customers and vendors.
namChatUser("User of the Service"): Person is provided the namChat credentials given by enterprise administrator.
namChat user is the one making use of the features provided by namChat to the enterprise.
Therefore will be connoted as grammatically suitable.
Each enterprise can decide upon limiting the users using the application.
Personal Information: Information that namChat User provide us to identify them personally. Name, email address, telephone number(optional), gender (optional), Date of Birth(optional), Institution studied in(Optional), Business Information(Optional), Skills(Optional), Nickname(Optional), pictures the user upload on the App, the communications made through the App Service etc. User will also be asked to allow access to the stored contacts, camera, gallery, location obtained using global positioning technology, storage etc. These information may be used to send notifications or communicating with us. Turning off some of these features through your device settings is possible.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- You can choose what information you want to share and how you want to share it. We request only that information which you want to share with us.
- namChat users retain all rights to their data even though we own code, databases, and all rights to the application.
Location Information. You can choose to share you precise location from your device. We use location data to when you wish to view locations nearby through the suggestions we provide. When you use one of our location-enabled services (for instance, when you tend to access the location Services for posting a content with the location, from a mobile device), we may collect and process information about your mobile device’s GPS location (including the latitude and longitude of your mobile device). Some of these services require your personal data for the feature to work and we may associate location data with your device ID and other information we hold about you. We keep this data for as long as it is necessary for providing services to you. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by disabling the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. You are requested to look into the device manufacturer’s instructions for further details.
- We use firebase to store and collect your information and some information may be considered as personal information by you.
- Hardware level information like screen resolution, browser properties, device information are collected to optimize the application
- Application level information like errors that occur, Application crashes and failures to provide enhancements and customer services.
- Hardware and application level information collected does not identify you with your products
- Logs: When you access our products through browser or application, the information such as requests made, actions performed, details of the browser, device, is recorded/collected along with time and date. This information identifies you or your browser uniquely.
When you exchange messages with others through our Services, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow you to manage them, and investigate possible violations of our Terms of Service and wrongdoing in connection with the Services
The Messages. Messages are retained while providing the services we offer. The messages transferred are stored in our servers.
We store data until it is no longer necessary to provide our services and namChat Product, or until your account is deleted - whichever comes first. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things like the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs. For example, when you search for something on namChat, you can access and delete that query from within your search history at any time, but the log of that search is deleted after 6 months. If you submit a copy of your government-issued ID for account verification purposes, we delete that copy 30 days after submission. Learn more about deletion of content you have shared and cookie data obtained through social plugins.
When you delete your account, we delete things you have posted, such as your photos and status updates, and you won't be able to recover that information later. Information that others have shared about you isn't part of your account and won't be deleted. Once you delete your account, your data will be deleted from our records in 90days. To delete your account at any time, please request namChat Enteprise administrator to de-activate or remove account from namChat.
Your Connections. You can allow the access to your contacts with the phone numbers to enable the connection with them through our services. You can create, join, or get added to groups with your account information. You can provide names to the groups along with a group profile picture.
User Reports. Users can report other users. Third parties may also choose to report to us your interactions and your messages with them. User can report any possible violations of our Terms or policies mentioned. We collect information on both the reporting user and reported user when a report is made.
USES OF THE INFORMATION
- We consider your information and data as topmost priority. We use the Information collected to improve our products and services. We assure you that it is not shared or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes except any products and services that you have requested, with your consent. We will seek your permission before sharing any sensitive/personal information
- We will protect and preserve the rights of our users in compliance with laws.
- Your information is used to improvise the overall experience of our application.
- Communications about Our Services. We use information when we communicate with you about our Services and let you know about our terms, policies, and other important updates.
- Email address provided by you may be used to communicate with you during credentials creation/change
INFORMATION SHARING AND TRANSFER
Service Providers. We may share your information with outside vendors that we use for a variety of purposes, such as to send you emails and messages on behalf of other members, push notifications to your mobile device on our behalf, provide voice recognition services to process your spoken queries and questions, help us analyze use of our Services, and process and collect payments. Some of our products, services and databases are hosted by third party hosting services providers. We may share information about you with these vendors only to enable them to perform their services.
INFORMATION SHARING WITH OTHERS
Your information is shared with others in the following ways:
When you share and communicate using our Product, you choose the audience for what you share. For example, when you post on namChat, you select the audience for the post, such as your followers or the group members. Similarly, when you use namChat to communicate with people or businesses, those people and businesses can see the content you send. We also let other accounts see who has posted comments or participated in polling.
Public information can be seen by anyone who holds an account in namChat. This includes your username. Your profile information can be shared with any other user in namChat users. You, other people using namChat, and we can provide access to or send public information to anyone on or off our Product. Public information can also be seen, accessed, shared or downloaded through third-party services such as search engines, APIs, websites and other services that integrate with our Product.
Learn more about what information is public and how to control your visibility on namChat.
Content others share about you
You should consider who you choose to share with, because people who can see your activity on our Product can choose to share it with others on and off our Product, including people and businesses outside the audience you shared with. For example, when you share a post or send a message to specific friends or accounts, they can download, screenshot, or share that content to others across or off our Product. Also, when you comment on someone else's post or react to their content, your comment or reaction is visible to anyone who can see the other person's content, and that person can change the audience later.
People can also use our Product to create and share content about you with the audience they choose. For example, people can share a photo of you in a Story, mention or tag you at a location in a post, or share information about you in their posts or messages. If you are uncomfortable with what others have shared about you on our Product, you can learn how to report the content.
- Measures will be taken to protect against unauthorized access of your account/information; alteration, destruction, abuse of any data that is stored/collected.
- Our employees/ partners are not provided access to your information.
- While resolving the complaints registered, we assure that we will co-operate with our users and legal and data protection authorities.
Our policy towards children.
The Services we provide are not directed to children under the age of 18; We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at contact email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will take steps to delete such information from our files.
Contact Information .
No 7, Second Main Road, Karpagam Gardens
Adyar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu